Monday, January 20, 2014

Simplicity 4760 Made With Help From a Cat

I'm trying to get a bunch of vacation clothes made before summer and decided to start with some shirts for James. Found this beautiful fabric and couldn't resist a roomy button up. 


The fabric is gorgeous and drapes beautifully. I almost made a dress with it I was so in love. I got started and things were going along pretty well.......

Until.......


This is George, making sure I'm ok..... 



Checking in to make sure I can handle things on my own. I assured him I had everything under control but I don't think he believed me......


He settled in and insisted on supervising the whole sewing day. I must admit it was very nice to have the company.


The shirt turned out well, although roomier than I had expected. I used the exact same pattern pieces that I always use to make James his shirts...... but this time it seems to be two sizes bigger. 

Maybe James is shrinking?
Do you sew with your cat?

1 comment:

2minimom said...

My cat always has to at least supervise the sewing, and, at times, feels he must be in my lap to ensure it is being handled correctly! Orange tabbies are just that way.